Amanda-Users

Re: advice to optimise backup time

2004-07-09 10:34:24
Subject: Re: advice to optimise backup time
From: Alexander Jolk <alexj AT buf DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:32:09 +0200
> More holding space is going to give you the biggest boost.

And be sure to have fast holding disks.  LTO drives eat data at
20-30MB/s if your disk can send it that fast; in my setup (currently
400GB/night, and struggling to finish in 24h!), I've only two IDE
holding disks, and the combined accesses of a few dumpers and the taper
makes my writing speed drop to around 4MB/s.

Alex

--
Alexander Jolk         /         BUF Compagnie
tel +33-1 42 68 18 28 /  fax +33-1 42 68 18 29