Amanda-Users

Re: Installation problems

2004-07-07 18:05:43
Subject: Re: Installation problems
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amandals AT rincewind.beloit DOT edu, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:59:10 -0500
--On Wednesday, July 07, 2004 16:15:34 -0500 Amanda Listserv account <amandals
AT rincewind.beloit DOT edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently started trying to get amanda installed (the newest version as
> of a week ago) on a few of my linux boxes here in the shop and I've come
> across two problems.  The the server install went smoothly on my Debian Sarge
> install, as well as a
> client install on 3 Fedora boxes.  However, when I did a client install on
> two of my other debian boxes, amcheck returns that it cannot find DUMP on
> those machines.  I've checked all of the following: 1) Dump is installed
> 2) The amanda user has priveleges to use dump
> 3) Permissions are exactly the same as on my my working amanda server as well
> as the working fedora boxes.

Does dump have the same path on all the boxes?  Check the debug files
(normally in /tmp/amanda) on the non-working client, it should give you
the full path for the dump it is trying to run and possibly a more complete
error message.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673