Amanda-Users

Re: help getting started

2004-06-30 10:22:47
Subject: Re: help getting started
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:17:53 -0400
On Wednesday 30 June 2004 08:01, Max Waterman wrote:

>Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>| Hi, Max,
>|
>| on Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2004 at 13:06 you wrote to amanda-users:
>|
>| MW> Hi,
>|
>| MW> I'm getting some errors in my amstatus output - can anyone
>
>enlighten me?

>line 761.

>(16:49:27)

>770.

>driver: (aborted)
>
>| MW> It seems to be taking ages to complete this backup...is
>| something
>
>wrong?
>
>| yes, it is. Those uninitialized values should not be there. A
>| quick look into amstatus seems to lead us to the estimates  ....
>|
>| But the estimates seem to succeed.
>|
>| What release of AMANDA is this, btw?
>
>2.4.3-4, it seems.

Humm, would it be possible for one of us to email you a more recent
tar.gz of say 2.4.5b1?  The last one I have on site is dated
20040622.

I'd go on an education campaign to get access to www.amanda.org
enabled, along with access to the site Jean-Louis has for new
snapshots at <http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~marinea/amanda>.

Only by severe miss-information on the part of the chinese filtering
folks would they set a block on those two sites.

>| At first edit your disklist.
>|
>| Don't use "localhost", use the full hostname instead.
>
>OK, that's easy :)
>
>| Read docs/TOP-TEN-QUESTIONS for the explanation, if you want.
>
>Unfortunately, www.amanda.org is still not accessible from China :(
>
>I guess I can try one of the anonymous proxys, but they also,
>unsuprisingly, tend not to work very well from here either.
>
>Is there a mirror somewhere, is the relevant info installed with
> amanda? I see there's a fair bit of info. I'll dig some...esp. FAQ
> that's there.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Max.

There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.
Soap, ballot, jury, and ammo.
Please use in that order, starting now.  -Ed Howdershelt, Author
Additions to this message made by Gene Heskett are Copyright 2004,
Maurice E. Heskett, all rights reserved.