Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Windows Backup

2004-06-29 08:42:06
Subject: Re: Amanda Windows Backup
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Kaushal Shriyan <kshriyan AT redhat DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:38:28 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 at 5:56pm, Kaushal Shriyan wrote

> Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
> --------------------------------
> ERROR: gss.mumbai.redhat.com: [This client is not configured for samba:
> //suhas/C]
> ERROR: gss.mumbai.redhat.com: [SMBCLIENT program not available]
> Client check: 1 host checked in 10.009 seconds, 2 problems found
>

> (brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p1)
> [amanda@gss amanda]$
>
> I have the following rpms of amanda and samba on my server
> [amanda@gss amanda]$ rpm -qa | grep samba
> samba-common-2.2.7a-7.9.0
> samba-2.2.7a-7.9.0
> samba-client-2.2.7a-7.9.0
> [amanda@gss amanda]$ rpm -qa | grep amanda
> amanda-2.4.4p1-0.3E
> amanda-server-2.4.4p1-0.3E
> amanda-devel-2.4.4p1-0.3E
> amanda-client-2.4.4p1-0.3E

Those RPMs look like they come from two different sources.  Amanda
compiles in the location of the various binaries it needs -- if they're
not there when it runs, you'll get the above error.

The easiest way to fix this would be to remove the amanda RPMs and compile
from source.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering