Amanda-Users

Re: Backup of windoze client using Samba

2004-06-26 03:42:55
Subject: Re: Backup of windoze client using Samba
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 03:40:26 -0400
On Saturday 26 June 2004 03:14, Chris Jones wrote:
>I am doing some backups using Amanda's Samba integration of my
> Windoze PC. Frequently, I am getting errors that will cause failure
> of the backup. All errors are related to superscript characters
> such as "TM" or "®" in the file or directory name. Apart from
> renaming the file or directory on the windoze box, what other
> solutions are available?
>
>--
>Chris Jones
>mailto:chris AT stow-jones.co DOT uk
>SAS gives the power to know your data...

I won't lay my hand on the good book on this, me not being a windows
user, but I think there is an option in the smb.conf that will allow
at least an 8 bit character set to be used.  You may want to do a bit
of manual reading to clarify this.

There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.  Soap, ballot,
jury, and ammo.
 Please use in that order, starting now.  -Ed Howdershelt, Author
Additions to this message made by Gene Heskett are Copyright 2004,
Maurice E. Heskett,
all rights
reserved.