Amanda-Users

Re: shared holding disk

2004-06-24 03:43:14
Subject: Re: shared holding disk
From: BRINER Cedric <work AT infomaniak DOT ch>
To: amanda <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:37:37 +0200

Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 at 10:38am, BRINER Cedric wrote

I'm having 2 configuration of amanda :
- a DailySet       crontab: monday-friday
- a WeeklySet   crontab: saturday

since now I always used the same holding disk for both configurations....

but what if the WeeklySet and the DailySet work at the same time...

could amanda deal with this or not ?

If you set both of them to use the full size of the holding disk, you're very likely to have a dump run out of holding space unexpectedly. It's not the best idea.

Indeed!
Another thing to watch for is files in the holdingarea from the
other configuration.  You'll can overwrite some files, or amflush
some files in the wrong config.

Therefore my holdingdisk has subdirs for each config and
my holdingdisk specification for each config uses it's own
subdirectory on that holdingdisk.

I was thinking why my system works and sometimes, just crashes

Thank you  a lot for your answers !

and special thank to you Joshua for all the work/time you've gived to the mailing list

Cedric Briner