Amanda-Users

changing "strange" SAMBA message to error

2004-06-23 12:44:00
Subject: changing "strange" SAMBA message to error
From: Harlan Harris <harlan AT harris DOT name>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:36:28 -0400
Hi,

I'm running Amanda on a heterogeneous network. Server is a Linux box. Some of the clients are Windows machines, and we're running Samba. Mostly works OK, except that sometimes the Windows machines have errors that look like the following:

? Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds listing
\Program Files\Microsoft Office\*

Currently, this "call timed out" message is being labeled as "strange", but I really need to change that to an error, since data is being lost when this happens. How do I reconfigure (or recompile?) Amanda so that this sort of error is categorized as an error, rather than strange? Thanks,

-Harlan