Amanda-Users

Re: /dev/null caused backups to fail

2004-06-07 15:37:53
Subject: Re: /dev/null caused backups to fail
From: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:28:11 -0400
On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:15:47PM +0200, Paul Bijnens wrote:
> +     error("%s: open /dev/null returned: %s", cmd, strerror(errno));

May I suggest a wording change in the message: "failed" instead
of "returned".  Besides the nit-picky observation that what was
*returned* was -1, it's better to state explicitly that it was a
failure, rather then leaving the reader to infer it.

--

|  | /\
|-_|/  >   Eric Siegerman, Toronto, Ont.        erics AT telepres DOT com
|  |  /
It must be said that they would have sounded better if the singer
wouldn't throw his fellow band members to the ground and toss the
drum kit around during songs.
        - Patrick Lenneau