Amanda-Users

Re: sporadic errors - could not connect ...

2004-06-07 11:52:02
Subject: Re: sporadic errors - could not connect ...
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: osimon AT picturesafe DOT de, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:43:20 -0500
--On Monday, June 07, 2004 13:18:49 +0200 Oliver Simon <osimon AT picturesafe
DOT de> wrote:

> Hi List !
>
> Were great anyone could help ...
>
> We are experiencing strange errors at the time.
> We have an amand-server that backs up about 30 hosts a night.
> Most of the time it went well, but now there are very often etrange errors.
>
> It sais:
>
> xxxxx /opt lev 0 FAILED 20040606[could not connect to xxxxx]
>
> And that on about 15 of 30 hosts. The more interesting is, that the first
> filesystems (or dle´s) are fine, only some of them are failing.
> Next day everything is fine, or other filesystems on other hosts are failing
> .. !?
> On some days
> There seem to be no networking problems, all hosts are 100 Mbit connected by
> a 1 Gbit HP Switch separated in VLANS.

Did you configure Amanda with one of the 'portrange' options and not allow
enough ports to accomodate  the number of hosts you dump in parallel?

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673