Amanda-Users

Re: Wiping tape label - how?

2004-06-01 16:24:14
Subject: Re: Wiping tape label - how?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>, John Bossert <jbossert AT affidian DOT com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:19:24 -0500
--On Tuesday, June 01, 2004 16:01:10 -0400 Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth
DOT org> wrote:

> John,
>
> use the -f option on amlabel, it will force an overwrite of
> the tape label.

Make sure you only re-label the tape as it's about to be used
since re-writing the label will probably make some or all of the
data unreadable.  Also, I think it will modify your disklist and
delete the associated indexes.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673