Amanda-Users

restoring the amanda server

2004-04-27 16:32:29
Subject: restoring the amanda server
From: "Knight, Jason" <jason-knight AT uiowa DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:28:48 -0500
Hello --
        We're going from redhat9 to redhat es on our amanda server, and this
upgrade path appears to require a complete re-install rather than a more benign
upgrade.
        Has anyone out there done this or something analogous? What are the
gotchas?
        Right now I'm thinking that I'll just tar /var/lib/amanda and
/etc/amanda copy them to another host then untar 'em when I'm done.

TIA

jason

Jason Knight, Systems Analyst | You want it *WHAT*?
University of Iowa            | FIXED?!?
Health Care IS                | Perhaps you should talk to
jason-knight AT uiowa DOT edu        | a Systems *SYNTHESIST*.
Avid component of RFC2795     | I just break 'em.
\insert{standard-disclaimer}