Amanda-Users

Re: Problem configuring full dump

2004-04-22 06:50:49
Subject: Re: Problem configuring full dump
From: Gertjan van Oosten <gertjan AT West DOT NL>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:47:05 +0200
Hi Christoph,

As quoted from Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>:
> your config is wrong, see comments later on...
[...]
> >> dumpcycle 1 day
>
> set this to 0
>
> >> runspercycle 5
>
> and this to 1 as you won't do 5 runs in a 0 day cycle.

I've changed it as per your directions, but Amanda's planner *still*
tries to get the level 1 dump size (which obviously still times out),
so that doesn't solve my problem...

> AFAIK this is normal, amanda takes the etimeout-value, multiplies it
> with the number of DLE's for that host and waits for that time, as it
> gets the estimates of all dle's of one host with one request to that
> host.

Ehrm, the disk in question is currently the one and only disk in the
disklist, so how do you get from 300 seconds to 1800 seconds?

> No, this is perfectly normal behavior as amanda has no way to reach out
> via the network to the remote machine and kill these processes while
> they are running, because amandad on that machine is busy until they
> terminate.

I take it from your answer that there's no provision in the Amanda
protocol to communicate operation time-outs to the client then?  Shame...

Mit freundlichen grüß,
--
-- Gertjan van Oosten, gertjan AT West DOT NL, West Consulting B.V., +31 15
2191 600