Amanda-Users

DLT 20/40 vs. DLT vls80

2004-04-21 13:38:09
Subject: DLT 20/40 vs. DLT vls80
From: Chris Lee <cslee-list AT cybericom.co DOT uk>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:32:00 +0100
I have a DLT VLS 80 which when backing up 10 gigs seems to run out of tape (terminates the backup part way through with an I/O error) I dont have any other VLS80 drives to compare against, is the drive broken or is my ST driver not doing something right or is it a setting I have to give amanda?

When I use the DLT 20/40 I have no problem getting the 10 gigs backed up.

Does anyone have any idea why this might happen or how to solve it?

If not can any one tell me how to reformat the tapes so they work in the 20/40 again.