Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Problems after server upgrade

2004-03-30 12:17:25
Subject: Re: Amanda Problems after server upgrade
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: keith <keith AT yfw DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:12:31 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 at 9:05am, keith wrote

> I had amanda working perfectly on our server until I installed Readhat
> Enterprise ES.  I copied all of my amanda config files, but something
> isn't working now and I'm not certain where to look.
>
> I get this reported in my mail (mydomain is substituted for our domain
> name):
> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
>
> planner: ERROR wildfire: [access as amanda not allowed from amanda@
> <mailto:amanda AT mydomain DOT net> mydomain.net] amandahostsauth failed
Did Outbreak do that for you, or is that the actual error message?  I'm
guessing the former -- yet another reason not to use that virus vector.

You need to have a line with 'mydomain.net amanda' in ~amanda/.amandahosts
on wildfire.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering