Amanda-Users

Re: GNUTAR program not available

2004-03-30 09:12:54
Subject: Re: GNUTAR program not available
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Christian Molière <christian.moliere AT wanadooportails DOT com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:06:38 -0500 (EST)
Christian,

I just did this on my systems, well worth it.

I compiled with, I should say, I ran ./configure --with-gnutar=
and I specified /usr/local/bin/gnutar

I've either copied the actual gnutar to that location from wherever
it happened to be (/usr/freeware/bin/tar on IRIX) or made a link.
[Dependent on nothing solid, nfs mounting, mood, being scatterbrained.]

This did not cause an interference with the OS provided tar utility
but allowed amanda to find the binary it was looking for at execution
time.

When the time comes I'll do something similar with my Solaris amanda
build. Our site runs amanda across architectures. I even have a
client on Solaris x86.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org

[PGP not available, raw data follows]

> Hello,
>

> I have this error message when I run amcheck config :
>
> GNUTAR program not available
>
> I compiled and installed amanda-2.4.4 on a SUN server System SunOS
> Release 5.7, sparc structure.
> Here it is some of the config.log file :
>
> configure:4987: checking for gtar
> configure:5017: result: /usr/local/bin/tar
> configure:5037: WARNING: *** /usr/local/bin/tar is not GNU tar, so it
> will not be used.
>
> and I installed this package :
>
> pkgchk -l -p /usr/local/bin/tar
> Pathname: /usr/local/bin/tar
> Type: regular file
> Expected mode: 0755
> Expected owner: bin
> Expected group: bin
> Expected file size (bytes): 431724
> Expected sum(1) of contents: 56178
> Expected last modification: Aug 12 07:07:46 2001
> Referenced by the following packages:
> ~        SMCtar
> Current status: installed
>
> I installed same version of amanda on an other Sun server System
> SunOS Release 5.8 sparc structure. And same tar package
>
> pkgchk -l -p /usr/local/bin/tar
> Pathname: /usr/local/bin/tar
> Type: regular file
> Expected mode: 0755
> Expected owner: bin
> Expected group: bin
> Expected file size (bytes): 431724
> Expected sum(1) of contents: 56178
> Expected last modification: Aug 12 07:07:46 2001
> Referenced by the following packages:
> ~        SMCtar
> Current status: installed
>
> And here it is some of config.log file :
>
> configure:4987: checking for gtar
> configure:5017: result: /usr/local/bin/tar
>
> The only difference is system version. Is someone have an idea
> to resolve my problem ?
>

> - --
>
> Cordialement,
> Sincerely,