Amanda-Users

Re: desaster recovery

2004-03-24 11:04:37
Subject: Re: desaster recovery
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: pascal thomas <thomas.pascal AT web DOT de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 11:01:52 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 at 4:47pm, pascal thomas wrote

> I´d like to know if it is possible to prepare a floppy-disk to
> reinstall an OS with it. E.g. a harddisk crashs and a full dump has been
> made before of every partition. I want to use a new PC with a
> nonformated harddisk drive then insert a floppy-disk and run amanda. Is
> that possible and if yes, how?

I'm assuming your OS is Linux here.  Look at Linux-on-CD kits like
Knoppix.  I don't know if Knoppix includes the amanda tools, but even if
it doesn't you can get your images off the tapes with dd and mt.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering