Amanda-Users

Re: file sizes in amrecover

2004-03-22 03:43:13
Subject: Re: file sizes in amrecover
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Jamie Wilkinson <jaq AT spacepants DOT org>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:34:23 +0100
Jamie Wilkinson wrote:

I'd like to see how big a file was, to make sure I'm restoring a version
of the right size (as it got corrupted); I notice that the commands in
amrecover are limited in that ls will only give a date and a filename.

Is it possible to get a file size from an index somewhere, or is this
data not kept.  Would it be possible in future versions to display the
file size in amrecover's ls?

Amanda does not keep that information. The index database is already
quiet big.  But the information is on the tape.  Use gnutar/restore
with the table of contents option while reading the image from tape.