Amanda-Users

Re: scsi-changer debugging...

2004-03-17 10:21:04
Subject: Re: scsi-changer debugging...
From: Kristian Rink <krink AT pm-planc DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:12:36 +0100
Hi Christoph, Joshua et al,...

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 08:36:33 +0100
Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de> wrote:

> seems like chg-scsi does not know your changer/tape at the moment,
> and as a result can't handle the messages it get's back from it.
> if you have a little experience with programming, have a
> descrition of the sense-codes your changer generates and a little
> bit time left, you can take a look at chg-scsi.c/h in the sources
> of amanda. There are some tables defining the sensecodes returned

Thanks to the both of your for your hints; much appreciated (as
always; I've seen way too much friendly helping on this list by now
- thanks everyone!). So, situation is as follows:

I temporarily switched my configuration to use chg-zd-mtx,
yesterday, and it seems to just work. Good, so far. About the
chg-scsi - situation: I'll check whether I can find sensecodes for
that machine and try to get them into the chg-scsi source as soon as
I've got some spare minutes to do that, would be glad to do a
(though damn small) contribution to this fine piece of work.

Cheers and thanks,
Kris

--
Kristian Rink   -- Programmierung/Systembetreuung
planConnect GmbH * Strehlener Str. 12 - 14 * 01069 Dresden