Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover error

2004-03-16 13:29:24
Subject: Re: amrecover error
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Sergio Pereira <sergio AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 13:26:49 -0500 (EST)
Please respond below quoted text -- it makes it easier to follow the
conversation.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 at 1:26pm, Sergio Pereira wrote
> On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 13:06, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 at 12:57pm, Sergio Pereira wrote
> >
> > > when trying to recover a file using amrecover I get this error message:
> > >
> > > Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]?
> > > EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on bkpserver.
> >
> > And what are the contents of the file it's telling you to check?
>
> it's a text file with some network configuration, nothing else. I doing
> some tests with amrecover because I don't want to run into problems when
> the real recover show up.

That's not what I meant.  The error message tells you to look at the file
"amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug" which should be in /tmp/amanda on the host
bkpserver.  What are the contents of *that* file?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering