Amanda-Users

Input/Output error reading header of tape

2004-03-10 12:22:23
Subject: Input/Output error reading header of tape
From: <raurope AT ono DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:20:13 +0100
Hi all:

The situation: I did a copy yesterday, this copy finalized correctly
and I extracted files correctly from it. My surprise arrived when today
I attempt to recover from this tape and it shows me a
mesage "Input/Output error reading header". My tape device is an hp-
t20i scsi but i don't understand why don't goes correctly if yesterday
i extracted files correctly from it. The difference is that the tape
has been ejected and inserted.

Can help me someone?. Is normal this problem?.What can i do for not
happen again?.

Thanks, Raúl.

PD: Excuse my english level.