Amanda-Users

Re: kernels v2.6.x vs. /dev/nst0 ???

2004-03-08 08:09:18
Subject: Re: kernels v2.6.x vs. /dev/nst0 ???
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:12:46 +0100
Hi, Michael,

on Montag, 08. März 2004 at 06:10 you wrote to amanda-users:

MDS> Amanda 2.4.4p1
MDS> Debian Linux

MDS> I finally took the plunge yesterday, and upgraded my last system to
MDS> kernel 2.6.3.

MDS> What do you think?

Just for the records:

I compiled and ran various versions and snapshots of AMANDA on all
Linux-kernels since 2.5.79 on my testbox. No problems.

Right now I have 2.6.4-rc2 up, with AMANDA 2.4.5b1 on it, running
fine.

As Frank said, it is likely that you miss a module.
How did you configure 2.6.3? A good start would be to take the config
of your 2.4.25, "make oldconfig" and start testing with this.

After that you can still try to add/remove features from you kernel.

Can you access your 2.6.3-tape-device via mt or create archives on it
with tar?

--
best regards,
Stefan