Amanda-Users

Re: ? amrecover doesn't see index contents

2004-03-01 16:22:09
Subject: Re: ? amrecover doesn't see index contents
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: Allen Liu --- work <allen AT bellglobal DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:20:23 -0600
--On Monday, March 01, 2004 16:11:47 -0500 Allen Liu --- work <allen AT
bellglobal DOT com> wrote:

> I'm running amrecover trying to restore files.
>
> After I started amrecover and set  target dis and date, it said no records
> found like below:
> ------------------------
> amrecover> ls
> Must select a disk before listing files
> amrecover> setdisk /test-ama1
> Scanning /dumps/amanda...
> 200 Disk set to /test-ama1.
> No index records for disk for specified date
> If date correct, notify system administrator
> amrecover> setdate ---01
> 200 Working date set to 2004-03-01.
> No index records for cwd on new date
> Setting cwd to mount point
> amrecover> ls
> ------------------------
> I can see there is index files in the index dir and the .gz file was
> extracted when amrecover setdisk to this disk. The extracted text file has
> file list inside:
> --------------------------
> spike:root:#ls -l
> total 4
> -rw-------   1 amanda   sys          142 Mar  1 16:00 20040301_0
> -rw-------   1 amanda   sys           83 Mar  1 15:58 20040301_0.gz
> spike:root:#more 20040301_0
> 10020721223/./cfgadm
> 10020721223/./chroot
> 10020721223/./clri
> 10020721223/./coreadm.conf
> 10020721223/./crash
> 10020721223/./cron
> 10020721732/./

BAD version of tar, make sure you are using at least 1.13.19.
However, one person on the list had success by manually editing out
the leading numbers from the paths and then running amrecover.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673