Amanda-Users

amcheck privileges (Was Re: Can't open exclude file ???)

2004-01-28 11:07:37
Subject: amcheck privileges (Was Re: Can't open exclude file ???)
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:04:26 -0600
--On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 10:28:28 -0500 Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT
com> wrote:

> IIRC, amcheck does not run with the same root permissions as amdump.
> Thus it may not be able to get to the excluce file during an amcheck.
>

>>From my experience this is indeed true. This makes the amcheck email
more difficult to deal with, since it logs many errors of being unable
to read exclude files (which are read fine with amdump).
   What is/was the reason behind this design decision?  It seems like
the closer the behavior of amcheck is to amdump the more relevant its
output would be.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      fsmith AT hoovers DOT com
Systems Administrator                           Voice: 512-374-4673