Amanda-Users

Re: Tapeless backup configuration

2004-01-10 11:11:37
Subject: Re: Tapeless backup configuration
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:10:08 +0100
Hi, Chris,

on Donnerstag, 08. Jänner 2004 at 20:39 you wrote to amanda-users:

CJ> I have followed the instructions for the RPM included with Fedora and still
CJ> I am getting these errors. I appreciate your help, but I am still apparently
CJ> missing a key element in the configuration.

As Paul says, we need more details on your config to help you further.

I assume the file your changerfile-parameter points to contains the
wrong lines. Its entries have to reflect your tape-directories,
otherwise the changer-script canŽt find the "tapes".

As you seem to use other dirs as in the FAQ-example, it is likely you
missed to edit the entries correctly.

---

On the other hand, as you are still at setup, you should consider
using chg-disk instead of chg-multi.

chg-disk was introduced with the snapshot 20031202 and offers a much
more logical approach to using virtual tapes than chg-multi.

There is a FILE-DRIVER-HOWTO in the amanda-2.4.4p2-tarball that
explains the setup of chg-disk. No more changer.conf-file, for
example.

--
best regards,
Stefan