Amanda-Users

Re: gtar always doing fulls with --listed-incremental even if level > 0 ?

2003-12-24 12:18:25
Subject: Re: gtar always doing fulls with --listed-incremental even if level > 0 ?
From: tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
To: Scott Mcdermott <smcdermott AT questra DOT com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:18:07 -0500
Scott Mcdermott:

>There's stuff being saved in gnutar-lists definitely, but
>amandates is empty.  I'm not using `dump' so does the
>`record' option matter?

Seems it does.
Looking at my system, /etc/amandates has entries for all dle's  _except_
for the ones I have "record no"

> You can clearly see the
>--listed-incremental option being given to tar in the
>`runtar' outputs I attached in the original email.

Looking at my /tmp/amanda files, tar baks will always make a
--listed-incremental. Even for the dle's with "dumpcycle 0"

toby bluhm
philips medical systems, it support, mr development, cleveland ohio
tobias.bluhm AT philips DOT com
440-483-5323