Amanda-Users

Spaces in diskdev field of disklist?

2003-12-22 17:48:20
Subject: Spaces in diskdev field of disklist?
From: Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:46:27 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Am wondering about embedded spaces in the "diskdev" field of disklist.

Suppose I need to backup just the directory "/mail attachments".

Since disklist is whitespace delimited there is a problem parsing the
file unless the embedded space can be recognized as part of the directory
name.  What to do?

"/mail attachments"
'/mail attachments'
/mail\ attachments
/mail^Hattachments

...all come to mind.  This is probably a FAQ but I've not found it
described in any of the usual places.  I tried searching Yahoo groups
but I didn't find an obvious way to search the past 12 months or more.
Is there a more usable archive somewhere else?

TIA,

Mitch