Amanda-Users

NT backup

2003-12-22 15:54:43
Subject: NT backup
From: jessica blackburn <jblackburn AT hirzel DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 22 Dec 2003 15:52:29 -0500
Hello!

I'm trying to back up an NT file system using a Linux file system.  I
currently run amanda on my linux machine, however, i'm having numerous
problems attempting to get the nt systems backed-up.  i've tried both
the amanda win32 and the samba and cannot get either to work.  using
samba i am able to look at the linux machine from the nt machine but
i've been unsuccessful the other way.  when using the win32 i am getting
the error host down and 1 problem found.

any recommendations on which approach to take and how best to tackle
this?

any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

thanks!

jess

Hirzel Canning Company
Northwood, OH