Amanda-Users

Re: database01 /export lev 0 FAILED 20031222[could not connect to database01]

2003-12-22 13:24:46
Subject: Re: database01 /export lev 0 FAILED 20031222[could not connect to database01]
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen AT virtuefusion DOT com>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:22:27 -0500
On Monday 22 December 2003 12:23, Dean Pullen wrote:
>Well it looks like I'd better make it myself...I was dreading this.
>
>Used Gene's script, then did a make install as root and got:
>
># /bin/sh ../config/mkinstalldirs /usr/bin/man/man8 # mkdir
> /usr/bin/man # mkdir: `/usr/bin/man' exists but is not a directory
> # mkdir /usr/bin/man/man8 # mkdir: cannot create directory
> `/usr/bin/man/man8': Not a directory # make[2]: *** [install-man8]
> Error 1 # make[2]: Leaving directory `/amanda-2.4.4p1/man'
># make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
># make[1]: Leaving directory `/amanda-2.4.4p1/man'
># make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>

>Help! :-/

Whew!

But if you used my script, there should not have been anything that
was to be put into /usr/bin.  My script I believe specifies the
prefix as /usr/local, and *everything* goes in that tree, even the
libraries.  And I don't think SuSE would dare try and override that,
or even know how.

Humm, old config.status, config.cache maybe, darnedifIknow.

As root, move my script out of there, and do a make clean.  Then su
amanda, move that script back in, remove config.status and
config.cache so you are starting with a clean slate and try it again.
If you can't remove them go back to root just long enough to do it.

This thing is turning into a problem child, the kind I'd spank with a
fresh install of SuSE just to make *me* feel better :).

Has anybody else thought of anything I've missed?  I sometimes miss
the glaringly obvious as you all well know by now.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: