Amanda-Users

Incremental upgrade of samba mount

2003-12-22 11:14:54
Subject: Incremental upgrade of samba mount
From: Andrew Hall <halla3 AT corp.earthlink DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:10:11 -0500
Greetings,

I am running amanda on a FreeBSD 5.1 box archiving a samba server.
Everything is working correctly, but I am seeing some behavior I do not
understand.

When I look at the index of my incremental's I see many many directories
archived, but no files under them.  It is acting as if windows mounting
this is updating the some timestamp of the file, thus archiving it again
even though no files under said directory are archived.

This is not causing any errors, but I'm curious as to why this is
happening.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Andrew