Amanda-Users

Re: Debian/Woody backport of 2.4.4p1 ?

2003-12-15 15:06:50
Subject: Re: Debian/Woody backport of 2.4.4p1 ?
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:59:44 -0500 (EST)
Brandon D. Valentine said:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:06:39PM -0500, pll+amanda AT permabit DOT com
> wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know if there's a backport of amanda 2.4.4p1 to Debian
>> Woody?  I could use the packages in testing, but the require an
>> upgrade of libc, which I really want to avoid on my production
>> servers right now.
>
> Assuming your user is in the src group, testing is in your
> sources.list,
> you've run apt-get update recently and you've got fakeroot
> installed:
>
> % su -
> # apt-get build-dep amanda
> # exit
> % cd /usr/src
> % apt-get source amanda
> % cd amanda-2.4.4p1
> % perl -p -i -e 's/debhelper \(>= 4.1.16\)/debhelper/'
> debian/control
>       (this step is necesary because the Debian amanda package maintainer
>       uses the mess that is debhelper and it has marked itself as
>       dependent on a version of debhelper that isn't in woody, but it
>       works just fine with the version that is in woody)
> % dpkg-buildpackage -b -uc -rfakeroot
> % su -
> # dpkg -i /usr/src/amanda-*.deb
>
> And now Amanda 2.4.4p1 is installed, built against Woody.
>
> Use the force, Luke.
>
> HTH,

When I did this on my stable Amanda server a few weeks ago, I had
trouble with the version of debhelper. The dpkg-buildpackage
depended on debhelper from testing. So I had to disregard dependency
problems using "fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage -D -us -b -d" (extra -d).

If you have trouble making this work, email me off-list. I can send
you my pre-compiled 2.4.4p1 packages.

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator