Amanda-Users

advice for archival

2003-12-14 17:16:02
Subject: advice for archival
From: Eric Doutreleau <Eric.Doutreleau AT int-evry DOT fr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:09:44 +0100
Hi

We are succesfully backup our amanda configuration to a remote site to
an array of cheap IDE disk.
It works quite well

right now i would like to make some archive of what i have backuped.

i want to use the data i have on my array of ide disk.

I will describe what i do and i would like to get advice on it.
i could post my script too if someone is interested on the list.

my main amanda configuration is named INT.
i have created a pseudo configuration named SI which contained only a
subset of the first one. It s the data i want to archive.

my script walk through the data of the first configuration. It search
the level 0 file and all the incremental since today. it hardlinks the
file in the holddisk on the SI configuration.
it hardlinks too the index file from the INT configuration to the SI
configuration
when it s finish i run the amflush for the SI configuration.

do u think all these is ok?

thanks for your advice