Amanda-Users

Can't get amanda to use second drive

2003-12-05 12:18:55
Subject: Can't get amanda to use second drive
From: Blake Swensen <blake AT pyramus DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 09:05:07 -0800
System: solaris 6
changer: exb-210

Have exb-210 with two drives. Have never been able to get the stc-changer script to use the second drive (/dev/rmt/1n).

Hasn't been a problem until now, but /dev/rmt/0n failed and want to use the second drive to cover while repairs are made.

Have changed the stc-changer script lines to:
DRIVE_NAME="/dev/rmt/1n"
DRIVE_NUM=1

However amtape still loads tapes into drive 0. I can get stc to move tapes around to the second drive and back into the slots, but amtape simply defaults to drive 0 regardless of the configuration of stc-changer.

I have verified the location of tpchanger "stc-changer" (and have pointed it directly to the script (ie tpchanger "/usr/local/libexec/amanda/stc-changer"), but that doesn't work either.

Should I then try to reconfigure/reinstall amanda using the --with-tape-device=/dev/rmt/1bn flag...

Blake