Amanda-Users

RE: data write: File too large

2003-11-18 04:10:29
Subject: RE: data write: File too large
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: "'Byarlay, Wayne A.'" <wab AT purdue DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 01:07:43 -0800
I had this error when trying to put dump files larger than 2 Gig on a
non-BigFile supporting OS (RedHat 7.0).  I had chunk size set correctly but
forgot about what would happen when I used the file: device to write the
coalesced dump files to disk tapes.

Got a modern kernel and the problem went away.

Dana Bourgeois