Amanda-Users

RE: Getting AMANDA stats without e-mail

2003-11-08 18:26:53
Subject: RE: Getting AMANDA stats without e-mail
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: "'Bob Zahn'" <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:36:34 -0800
You can still use sendmail for sending out mail even if the daemon is
stopped.  You are probably being told not to run it as a daemon for
receiving mail on your Amanda box.  You should still get amanda reports even
if you stop the daemon with '/etc/init.d/sendmail stop'.  Outgoing mail is
sendmail running from the command line.

Dana Bourgeois