Amanda-Users

Re: Network recovery with changer

2003-11-07 12:35:36
Subject: Re: Network recovery with changer
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:33:50 -0500
On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 09:22:49AM -0800, Stephen Walton wrote:

> On a related topic, and one which I've searched in vain on the
> FAQ-O-Matic and every place else for the answer:  what exactly do I put
> in amanda.conf to have amrecover automatically change to the correct
> tape?

Did you check the amanda man page?

Mine shows these that I've not used but I think are what you seek.

     amrecover_do_fsf bool
          Default:  off.  Amrecover will call amrestore with  the
          -f flag for faster positioning of the tape.

     amrecover_check_label bool
          Default:  off.  Amrecover will call amrestore with  the
          -l flag to check the label.

     amrecover_changer "string"
          Default: ''.  Amrecover will use the changer if you use
          'settape  <STRING>'  and that string is the same as the
          amrecover_changer setting.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)