Amanda-Users

late amandas vs chg-scsi

2003-10-31 00:27:31
Subject: late amandas vs chg-scsi
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 00:24:15 -0500
Greets everybody;

I may have found a bug/feature thats crept into the later versions of
amanda, and which might even be 2.6.0 related as I'm currently booted
to 2.6.0-test9.

Anyway, if the drive has not had a tape loaded manualy, or with mtx,
amcheck seems to be unable to access the drive and hangs essentially
forever.  But with a tape loaded, it can then go ahead and inventory
the changer looking for the right tape.

I didn't have to preload the drive with the version I was running in
mid-august before I spent 2 months in Colorado, so this is a fairly
recent developement.

Currently running the 2.4.4p1-20031030 version on RH8.0 with lots of
updates, using chg-scsi to run the changer.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: