Amanda-Users

Re: dump

2003-10-30 14:32:12
Subject: Re: dump
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: BRINER Cedric <work AT infomaniak DOT ch>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:31:06 +0100
BRINER Cedric wrote:
And what I don't really understand.. does any user can dump whatever.. I mean the amanda user doesn't have any special privilege! and the file /etc/dumpdate has to be written by root/sys..(don't really understand)

The amanda user is a normal user, but in libexec there are some programs
with the suid-root bit set (amcheck, planner, rundump, runtar).
If you lost those suid-bits (e.g. by running "make install" as an
ordinary user instead of root) amanda looses the priviledge.

--
Paul @ Home