Amanda-Users

Problem with amanda 2.4.4p1 amstatus

2003-10-30 11:06:58
Subject: Problem with amanda 2.4.4p1 amstatus
From: "Stevens, Julian C" <julian.stevens AT amsjv DOT com>
To: "amanda users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 15:57:51 +0000
I am trying to upgrade from amanda 2.4.1p1 to 2.4.4p1, and find that when I
run amstatus I get the following error, which appears 12 times:

Use of uninitialized value at /usr/local/lib/perl5/Getopt/Long.pm line 602.

I have already found one problem related to amdump, which now creates a
datestamp using date +%Y%m%d.
Unfortunately, my rather old O/S (SunOS 4.1.3_U1 !) doesn't support date
+%Y.

I have changed:
echo "amdump: datestamp `date +%Y%m%d`"

to:
echo "amdump: datestamp `date|awk '{print $NF}'``date +%m%d`"

(and done a similar substitution in chg-mcutil.)

and this removed some of the errors. However I am still getting the above
unitialized error.

It seems that my perl installation is a little old too (5.002), but I am
reluctant to upgrade at the moment, as it was originally installed as part
of another system.

Please can anyone suggest how I can get rid of this error.

Thanks,

Julian

--
  _ _         __           LYCHGATE Project, AMS      Tel  : +44 1202 404426
   /  /'_    ( _/_   _   _ Grange Road, Christchurch  Fax  : +44 1202 404142