Amanda-Users

Re: Problem with configuration

2003-10-27 15:21:24
Subject: Re: Problem with configuration
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Paul Singh <psingh AT forumone DOT com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 15:18:57 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 at 3:10pm, Paul Singh wrote

> machine. And just for test purposes, I'm running amanda as root.

Don't do that.  Why test in a setup that differs at all from the final
one?  Run amanda as the amanda user.

> *Any ideas what I might be doign wrong when I'm trying to access the
> directory I want to backup? The /backups directory consists of two
> seperatte directories which are both stored on their own partitions(sdb1
> and sdb2).

This isn't your problem, but that won't work.  Amanda stays within a
partition when doing backups.  You'll need one entry for each of those
partitions.

To see your problem, we'll need to see /tmp/amanda/amanda*debug and
/tmp/amanda/sendsize*debug from one of these attempts.

What does amcheck say?

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering