Amanda-Users

Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Amanda overwrites level 0 dumps?

2003-10-26 21:44:42
Subject: Re: Out of Office AutoReply: Amanda overwrites level 0 dumps?
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: Robert_Chapman AT maximhq DOT com
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:39:14 -0500
On Sunday 26 October 2003 21:10, Robert_Chapman AT maximhq DOT com wrote:
>I will be out of the office from Oct 27 thru Nov 7.  Please contact
> the following for urgent issues...

This is most ungracious.  And this is the second (or third) time
you've gone on vacation, setting up an auto-responder, and not
resigned from your mailing lists while you are gone.  That means we
get one of these auto-responses in our inbox for every message posted
to the amanda mailing list.  I had several dozens of them the last
time and AFAIC, they do nothing but waste our bandwidth and time.

Since you seem to not be able to train your email agent to ignore the
mailing lists, and only respond to real email,  I'd suggest you get
someone who can train it if it can be trained, or get an email agent
which can be trained.

But, since you didn't, this means our only defense is to see if we can
get you removed from the list.

I'm CC: ing this to amanda-users-approval, where I hope an admin for
this list can take the appropriate action.

>Morris Fox - Any High Priority issues that may involve Me.
>Mike Blankenship - Networking issues.
>Wesley Lambert - Desktop support issues.
>
>I will be glad to help you with any other issues as soon as I'm back
>in the office.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robert Chapman

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M