Amanda-Users

port range

2003-10-22 15:13:35
Subject: port range
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:07:24 -0400 (EDT)
...realized this might be an amanada-hackers thing.

I've got a fairly old system Solaris 2.6, that I've just
pushed into a DMZ and in order to reach the previous amanda
server I've been asked to recompile so that we can restrict
the port ranges.

Possible in future releases that amanda can be made more
restrictive at run time (than it was at compile time) by
specifying things like port-range in amanda.conf or perhaps
in this case some server client-specific config file ?

I seem to be activating the dump utility though the dump
is not being returned to the server, I'm hoping that I
don't also need to recompile the server - there are multiple
clients of various architictures and OS versions, up through
Solaris 9 and Irix.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org