Amanda-Users

Re: backups stopped after upgrade to redhat 9?

2003-10-20 01:44:40
Subject: Re: backups stopped after upgrade to redhat 9?
From: "C.Scheeder" <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: dwtrusty <dwtrusty AT hotmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:34:43 +0200
Hi,
check your local firewall-settings.
Even if you didn't change them or set them up there may be some.
RH has decided around V8 to implement restrictive firewallrules
as default, without asking for confirmation for doing it.
That problem bit many other amanda-users before you.
Christoph

dwtrusty schrieb:
Thanks for the tips.

All the low-level commands seem to be in order.
I can use ammt, mt, amtape, mtx successfully.  I can use tar to write
to the tape, and read the contents back.  Amcheck shows no errors.

I'm using version 2.4.3.

What else should I check?

Thanks,

David