Amanda-Users

RE: recommendation needed

2003-10-18 03:18:37
Subject: RE: recommendation needed
From: "Dana Bourgeois" <em-lists AT netgods DOT us>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:12:02 -0700
I'd worry about write problems across the NFS link.  Network Appliances
could have this problem but in practice, I've never seen it.  I have seen
lots of problems trying to move gobs of data across NFS version 2 mounts
between Solaris (2.4) boxes.  Test this before you depend on it.  TCP
instead of UDP helps.  I've heard good things about Snap Servers but only as
inexpensive, small (relatively) and easy to set up.  Reliability wasn't
mentioned.

Dana Bourgeois