Amanda-Users

[no subject]

From: "Johnson, S" <sjohnson AT edina.k12.mn DOT us>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:54:34 -0500

I’ve been working on my original problem of the service not seemingly running under the user Amanda when I think I discovered another issue, perhaps related to my problem.  When I do an amcheck –m DailySet1 I get the following email sent to me:

DailySet1 AMANDA PROBLEM: FIX BEFORE RUN, IF POSSIBLE

Holding disk /var/tmp: 7250452 KB disk space available, that's plenty

ERROR: /dev/nst0: reading label: Input/output error

       (expecting a new tape)

NOTE: skipping tape-writable test

NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist

NOTE: it will be created on the next run

I was able to run system level commands like

mt –f /dev/nst0 erase

And I was able to backup directly to the tape device ok.

I only found a couple of other people that were experiencing an issue similar to what I’m seeing.  One stated that amt –f /dev/nst0 setblk 0” fixed their issue.  I tried this and got the same message.

I’ve tried 3 different brand new out of the wrapper tapes so I don’t think it’s a tape issue.  I’m also able to backup by copying files directly to the tape drive.

Any ideas?

Thanks much.