Amanda-Users

Odd disk space error message

2003-10-07 10:53:56
Subject: Odd disk space error message
From: Harri Haataja <harri.haataja AT smilehouse DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:50:24 +0300
I (re)-inserted a system into amanda's disklist and got a rather
odd-looking error message.

Backup host:

% sudo -u backup amcheck -c sksp1
Password:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: curls: [dir /tmp/amanda needs 64KB, only has -2147483648KB available.]
ERROR: curls: [dir /tmp/amanda needs 64KB, only has -2147483648KB available.]
ERROR: curls: [dir /var/lib needs 64KB, only has -2147483648KB available.]
Client check: 8 hosts checked in 10.913 seconds, 3 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

But on the host "curls":

% LC_ALL=C df
/dev/sda1             16340380   7156816   8353512  47% /
% LC_ALL=C df -h
/dev/sda1              16G  6.9G  8.0G  47% /

There is ample space and it does create /tmp/amanda and happily write
the debug info there. I don't see what else could be wrong and at least
the error should not be what (am|self)check claims it to be.

Could there be an overflow in some check? I have never seen that message
before (maybe since all the other systems are sanely partitioned ;).

Both systems are debian on Linux on x86 with the packaged amanda. The
other systems are working fine, as amcheck above says.

--
It's perfectly fine to use the name of you pet or child as a password.
How ever, for the sake of security, make sure the names of all your