Amanda-Users

DAT recommendations

2003-10-04 18:27:54
Subject: DAT recommendations
From: Kirk Strauser <kirk AT strauser DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:23:18 -0500
I'm upgrading from a dead Tecmar DDS-3 to a DDS-4 drive.  I'm looking two
drives in particular.  Their descriptions (from Newegg.com):

   Sony DDS4 Tape Drive upto 40GB Capacity, Model SDT11000R - OEM

   Seagate Scorpion DAT 40 (DDS-4) internal tape drive with LVD (Ultra2 Wide
   SCSI) interface, Model STD2401LW-S

Any brand recommendations?  These drives look pretty similar and cost within
a dollar of each other.  Is there anything I should be aware of?
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.