Amanda-Users

Re: Compiling 2.4.4p1 with gcc on SunOs 4.1.3

2003-10-01 12:08:08
Subject: Re: Compiling 2.4.4p1 with gcc on SunOs 4.1.3
From: Julian C H Stevens <julian.stevens AT cfswebmail DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:59:16 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for the tip, John.

My getopt man page states that getopts is preferred, so I have modified the
source to use getopts instead.
I am re-running make but, as you may have guessed, my sun workstation is a
little s-l-o-w!
...I'll report back when its finished.

Julian

--- Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 03:54:00PM +0100, Stevens, Julian C wrote:

> I've been trying to compile Amanda 2.4.4p1 on SunOs 4.1.3 using gcc 2.8.1
> The configure seems fine, but when I try to make it I get:
>
> tapetype.c
> tapetype.c: In function 'main':
> tapetype.c:369: 'optind' undeclared (first use in this function)
> tapetype.c:369: (each undeclared identifier is reportes only once
> tapetype.c:369: for each function it appears in.)
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'tapetype.o'
>
> Please can anyone suggest what the problem might be?

"optind" is commonly used as a variable name in a program or
library called getopt(s).

There are several versions of this library available on my Solaris
system and I strongly suspect that they have changed since SunOS 4.x.

See if your system has other "getopt", "getopts" (maybe with a cap G).
If so, try to point your source files to pick those libraries and
header files rather than the ones it currently uses.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)

Get Paid to Surf the Web!
http://www.alladvantage.com/home.asp?refid=AVZ855