Amanda-Users

Does amanda need a shell?

2003-08-31 19:30:59
Subject: Does amanda need a shell?
From: Scott Phelps <sphelps1 AT cox DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:14:44 -0400
Hi,

I am a new subscriber and a new user of Amanda.  I'm just getting it set up
and, I was reading through my new copy of Curtis Preston's book when I came
to the point where I need to issue the command:
# su amanda -c "amlabel DailySet-01 VOL1 slot 1"

The problem is that nothing happens because (correct me if I'm wrong) su -c
will not work without that user having a shell account.  I have all of my
config files set up, and i am really anxious to start using it.  Could
somebody shed some light on how to use Amanda's commands?

Thanks,

Scott