Amanda-Users

RE: Client behind a firewall

2003-08-29 10:29:10
Subject: RE: Client behind a firewall
From: donald.ritchey AT exeloncorp DOT com
To: sifr AT aifb.uni-karlsruhe DOT de, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 09:22:19 -0500
For our implementation, we used the port ranges of UDP 890-899, and TCP
50000-50040.
We also left open the standard request ports (10080, 10082, 10083).

The key item, in my opinion, is the TCP port range, because otherwise,
Amanda will
simply choose some random port number and start incrementing from there.
With the
port range specified, Amanda is very well behaved and only uses ports in the
range
we gave her.

Questions?

Don Ritchey