Amanda-Users

Re: long estimate and run times

2003-08-27 20:49:10
Subject: Re: long estimate and run times
From: Jason Edgecombe <jedgecombe AT carolina.rr DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:43:45 -0400
Gene Heskett wrote:

On Saturday 21 June 2003 13:32, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
Can you post those 2 dumptypes from your amanda.conf?
here they are, along with the global dumptype.

define dumptype root-tar {
  global
  program "GNUTAR"
  comment "root partitions dumped with tar"
  compress none
#    exclude list "/etc/amanda/DailySet1/exclude.gtar"
  priority low
}

define dumptype user-tar {
  root-tar
  comment "user partitions dumped with tar"
  priority medium
}

define dumptype global {
  comment "Global definitions"
  # This is quite useful for setting global parameters, so you
don't have # to type them everywhere.  All dumptype definitions in
this sample file # do include these definitions, either directly or
indirectly. # There's nothing special about the name `global'; if
you create any # dumptype that does not contain the word `global'
or the name of any # other dumptype that contains it, these
definitions won't apply. # Note that these definitions may be
overridden in other # dumptypes, if the redefinitions appear
*after* the `global' # dumptype name.
  # You may want to use this for globally enabling or disabling
  # indexing, recording, etc.  Some examples:
  # index yes
  # record no
  maxdumps 1
}

And the only error I see in this is that index isn't defined, just used. I believe that should be as shown in the global comment.

I wonder if that lack is preventing the lowered priority setting from taking place?

I need more caffiene, I just woke up from an overnighter.

Sincerely,
Jason Edgecombe

I'm sorry that I'm only writing this now. I wanted to thank everyone on the list who helped me. I did get my problem resolved. It was a firewall issue. By allowing all udp ports below 1024 I fixed the problem.

thanks,
Jason Edgecombe